Travel and worry.
Some thoughts about why travel makes people nervous:
I am not exactly sure what it is but there is something about the heart of man that causes him (or her) to worry. I know that many of our ‘worries’ concerning our upcoming trip are trivial but there is no better fear than fear of the unknown. Although Rachael and I are fairly relaxed individuals we thought that we would share our top 10 travel worries/questions now in an effort to demonstrate to ourselves, and the Internet world, that there really isn’t anything to worry about. Then again, if something horrible goes wrong, perhaps the lesson to learn is that irony will always get the better of you.
1. Fact – QANTAS ticket return to London $3000+
Fact – ASIANA (Our ticket) return to London $2000
Concern – Have they saved the $1000 dollars per ticket by reducing the quality of the in flight movies or by employing the “If it isn’t broke don’t fix it” maintenance method.
2. Fact - We fly via Seoul (South Korea) with a stopover.
Fact – North Korea has big missiles
Question – Is North Korea really angry with South Korea or is it just a tiff?
3. (Similar to number two) Is the whole England/Ireland IRA thingy over or could one too many Guinness start the whole thing up again?
4. When people say its freezing cold in England is it just a figure of speech or do things actually freeze?
5. Will any of the following shows resemble in any way the place that Rachael and I end up living in? They all concern me for different reasons. Absolutely Fabulous. Wife Swap. The Bill. Mr Bean.
6. Will my advanced knowledge of upcoming Neighbours episodes make me as popular as I hope it will?
7. Is it a good thing or a bad thing that much of the London architecture (including some bridges) are hundreds of years old and were built by unskilled workmen and convicts with a grudge.
8. Viewing a London map will quickly remind you of Monopoly except that I cannot find any free parking. Assuming that I get my 200 for passing go will it be dollars or pounds because 200 dollars is only 80 pounds and neither of those amounts will buy much anyway.
9. Are the cows as mad as they say they are?
10. Having packed everything else I don’t need will I forget my passport?
And, as an aside, why do I feel like I need to take my keys with me?
News to hand. Rachael has some work lined up for the first four weeks which is great. We are staying at the Queens Park hotel in Bayswater for the first week. We leave in two days and really should start packing.
Love
Ben and Rachael

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home