Travel and the meaning of life

Thursday, December 23, 2004

10 reasons for my big headache

I hate to use the power of the internet for evil and not good but I'm going to whinge and moan, I have a headache. Caused by the following;

1. Jetlag (This is essentially the feeling that you should have gone to bed one hour ago all of the time. It also means that we have woken up at 2 am the last two nights and, unable to get to sleep, have watched bad english television which incidently is bad all of the time not just at 2am)

2. Buying a mobile phone. These things are great, there are just too many plans and phones to choose from. There should be 2. The cheap one and the expensive one. (Anyone who knows me knows which one I want) But we did select one. (0791 0681 049 - Call me now) We are 11 hours behind so no 2am calls even if you think we may be up.

3. Opening a bank account. Easy but HSBC takes 1 hour to do it. We were offered £5000 credit card and £7000 personal loan on the spot, without a real job. No wonder the pound is so strong, they are giving everybody some. (Economic people just laugh even if it doesn't make sense)

4. Finding a share house. (We are trying Jodes) Questions to ask on the phone. Is it dear? How far to the station? Are you an axe murderer? Are you looking at me a bit funny mate cause I'm not like that.

5. Six people stabbed today at Edmonton station, the station I get off at to go to work in a week or so. (Don't worry mum they caught him)

6. My pillow is 1.5mm thick (but still somehow lumpy) at the hotel.

7. Someone steals the sun at 3:30 in the afternoon and doesn't return it till 10am the next day.

8. It hurts your head to keep mulitplying prices by 2.5 just to see how much we are being ripped off by.

9. A guy at the train station keeps telling me to mind the gap, over and over. (That's for you Mikey V, thanks for the ecard, whats your email address again?)

10. We miss you all.

We are having a great time although it's hard to get your life together in two days.
Merry Christmas everyone.

Love
Ben and Rae

PS - James I have only sampled one beer but it was a good one. 'London Pride'

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Hey Mr Newton,
It's great that you are both safe in London (although with those stabbings, I hope you're not staying in a ghetto), and it's great the man is telling you to mind that good old gap (say hi to him for me) my email is mykeyv@gmail.com
bye for now
(PS, Once your holidaying, no matter where in Europe you are, the rooms are always going to be crappy shoeboxes)

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home