Travel and the meaning of life

Monday, May 09, 2005

Pirate Pete and Jodes Podes

THIS HAS BEEN UPDATED 9TH MAY.
OK...so I have probably left this particular blog far too long as a week in this country means that I have done heaps more. This week we went out a number of times including a trip to see "We will Rock You!"...the storyline was horrible and exactly what I would have written...it was chessy but very entertaining. I give it two and a half thumbs up out of 2 and three quaters. I am sure that everybody says this but I never knew Queen had so many hits.

This Blog was basically about a trip to The Tower of London. "It is not, as you may think, simply one tower but is made up of a number of towers", I place that in quotation marks as it is undoubtly the classic phrase that all the tourists hear at the beginning of the tour with the beefeaters... The other is "no-one knows why they are called beefeaters for sure but it may be because they were given a ration of beef from the kings table eons ago..."

The crown jewels are at the tower which is kind of impressive but only in the sense that they are huge. Which basically means they are all great and priceless etc...but you inevitably look for the biggest one which must be the 500 odd carat diamond on the end of the Queeny stick thingy that looks like a wand..what is that called again? A sceptre - that's it. Anyway after you see the egg size diamond and your wife looks from you, to her engagement ring to the egg diamond then back to you again you end up just feeling inadequate. The best I could do for Rach at the time was a third of a carat. The rest of the tower is basically gory stories about torture and death and some cool armour. So that's all I have to add except its great having Jodes and Dad here.

Haven't had a chance to do much writing I know, but thats all your getting. We are just too busy at night seeing London's West End shows and going to castles and other cities on the weekends!

In case you don't know Pirate Pete is Rach's dad David Jamieson (Obvious reason, patch on his eye) and Jodes Podes is Jodi Macca our dear friend from church. We just got back from another castle so I will go and do that blog now.

RACH AND DAD ON JUBILEE BRIDGE WITH LONDON EYE

BEN AND PODES IN A LONDON BOX

LION AND THE GIRLS

THE GANG WITH TOWER BRIDGE

GIRLS ON A LOVELY DAY - TOWER OF LONDON

THE GANG

FRIENDLY BEAR WITH GIRLS

FRIENDLY TROOPS WITH AUTOMATIC WEAPONS

EYE SPY

GIRLS LOOKING NICE

PODES

PHOTO OF JODES ROOM IN SINGAPORE THAT SHE DIDN'T WANT ME TO PUT ON HERE. WHAT WAS SHE WATCHING ON TV??? IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION THEN LEAVE A COMMENT.


Rachael has now finished work..although I have another two weeks to go. Rach and Jodi have hired a car and are travelling north to see more of England and some more of Scotland. Then we leave the place we are living and travel through Europe on a Contiki tour together. After that Rach and I have about a month to see some other places...unfortunatley we may not be able to show you photo's of our travels once we leave here (depends if we can find some internet cafes that will let us) but we will keep up the blog with words as best as possible.

We miss you all.

Take care

Ben and Rach and now Jodes

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JOD...what the hell WERE you watching....SHIVERS!!! HEHEHE

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home