Great Ideas - The London Eye
Hello everyone,
Although it was a few days ago that we went here I thought that I would post some pictures of the London Eye. For those of you who don't know what the london eye is(I certainly didn't until I considered this trip) it is a gigantic observation wheel,like a Ferris Wheel, that spins around so that you can see all of London. It is located right in the middle of the city and hangs out over the river - the pictures are a good way to show you.
I think that it is the most fantastic thing ever, up there with the best of modern architectural ideas and I thought that I would offer you the opportunity to comment. When the eye was built many people hated it and thought that it ruined the landscape of older London, what do you think?
I read the following story about the Eiffel Tower and tell it now to illustrate(I have told it as best as I can remember, I apologise for inaccuracies). When the Eiffel tower was first built lots of people hated it. One man set up a table under the tower with an umbrella and would sit all day selling food and other goods. He would complain to everyone about the tower and how ugly it was. One person asked him why he chose to set up so close to the tower if he hated it so much and he replied (insert french accent)"Because its the only place in all of Paris where I dont have to look at the ugly thing!"
LOOKING DOWN FROM THE EYE
Given these feelings I wonder if anybody had any crazy ideas for Sydney? The bridge climb was an inspired idea, for instance. Here is my crazy idea. We build some type of walkway or suspension bridge across the heads, from north to south head. Im seeing a lot of perspex or glass, maybe tinted to catch the morning and afternoon sun. Cool idea hey! You can walk across and snap photos and just enjoy the scary height.
What do you think?
Do you have a different idea?
Rachael has asked me to specify that she thinks its stupid and that nobody will like it. Anyway I look forward to your comments. Just remember what they thought of the Eiffel Tower. Tommorrow we start our new jobs, wish us luck.
We love you all.
Ben and Rach
BIG BEN, PARLIAMENT, WESTMINSTER ABBEY IN BACKGROUND
US ON THE EYE

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home