New Years Day - A walk down the street
Happy New years everyone.
Rachael and I had intended to go out for new years but ended up sleeping through it. The next day though we went to the "Biggest street parade in europe" - which I think means firstly that america has a bigger one and number two, size refers to how long you can be expecting to stand on a cold London street for. We watched for about two and a half hours. It was my first street parade of any significance and it was really cool. Some strange things to note though, mostly visual:
1) There can be no other practical use for an oversized floating character other than a street parade. Q - How many parades are there, given that out there somewhere there is a company making these things? As I say, this is my first, but I don't get out much. My favourite is Babar the elephant.
2) Can London become any more multi-cultural? The all Indian Scottish bagpipe band.
3) How many American marching bands (we saw 6) and american cheer squads (we saw 3) can you put in europes biggest street parade held in London before its false advertising. Perhaps the signs should have said "contains 30% americans" - they were all fantastic though. For those of you who have seen the movie "Bring it on" - I just kept thinking "Spirit Fingers!"
4) Does it concern anyone else that in some point in the scientific development of humans this was considered a practical idea? Fun yes, practical No.
Well. That's it. Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine and the new year. We start work on Tuesday (Today is Sunday) and that is sure to bring some cool stories. We have done a few other things - like go to Harrods, but I promised Rachael I would let her write that one for the girls.
Oh...one more thing. Today at the supermarket I discovered that a horrible injustice has been thrust upon the english people and that they are likely to blame Australians for it. On the supermarket shelf I found a muddy, foul substance, they are attempting to pass off as Australia's faviourite beer - Fosters. I ask that any Australian beer makers of substance to get your product here ASAP. Its embarassing that we are being misrepresented in this way. Crown(One they would probably like the name of) Mr Boag, XXXX, even you oh VB, you must rise up and come to the mother country to destroy the market share of this evil beast. I implore you, do not let this injustice continue. Thankyou for your time.
Ben and Rach
PS (For Michael) - Those of you who have not read the comments, I do hereby reference one of the page sayings "I have a Q that needs an A" - as originating from my former very cool student Michael Van Raaphorst. Although I would like to point out that I marketed it in its current form to the world and retain all subsiduary rights. I also retain "Stop eating John!", and "Get out Luke!". OK then, its been special!

2 Comments:
Mr Newton
If this is the way you want to treat my sayings then I must inform you that I have already sent my letter to Jerry Bruckheimer Films regarding the TV sitcom Pilot. Although you came up with the idea, I am currently marketing it and therefore own it's rights.
SINcerely Michael.
I will not get out. Just a minute when Scott and I finish our game of handball. Besides, my new timetable had SDD still on there, and I had to get it changed. Did you even mark me off as not doing it? You probably forgot, but it's been special I suppose.
Luke.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home