Harrods
Dear readers - especially the girls,
I do have a great husband - he agreed to accompany me on a tour of Harrods! This store (sorry destination) has been high on my list of "must dos in England".
Harrods was almost all I hoped it would be. We kind of drifted through showrooms (rather than departments) where everyone was beautiful and the clothes even better. I saw much that I loved and a few things that were ghastly, yet wonderful - because they were in Harrods. Ben asked if I would wear one particular orange ensemble on display. Well, if the tag was on the outside and everyone knew it was from Harrods - of course, darling! We didn't really know how much anything cost - no price tags (Free then? Alas, no).
In the shoe department I saw an equisite pair of soft pink cowboy boots - a must have, obviously. Please give me some supportive feedback on this one. 120 pounds - reasonable I thought; is anyone with me? For anyone unsure of the conversion - x 2.5 for Aussie dollars.
We did spend up big in Harrods. We bought a packet of cards for 12 pounds. They are green and gold and they say "Harrods". We also took (Ben insists I say Rachael took) a sample of serviettes, sugars, toothpicks and other free things from the "Dress Cirle" cafe in Harrods. Apart from the cards and the free stuff, we just bought morning tea.
And this was the disappointment - they used Harrods tea but it was a TEABAG! In England, you gasp - I know! I rose above the incident (it was quite a good cup of tea for teabag tea) and enjoyed Harrods nonetheless. Next time I'm there (picking up my soft pink cowboy boots) I'll talk with them about the tea.
Love you all,
Rachael
PS - I have a friend who spent her trip to Egypt money on a suit from Harrods instead. While I am not sure this is a dsecsision I would make, itis one I respect.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home